Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A great camp out!!!

Over this last weekend I went with My buddy Kip out to Joshua Tree to teach a Boy Scout troop how to go repelling. Friday night at eight we set up camp and started on dinner. Man!!! did we eat like Kings!!! Kip and I had steaks topped with sauteed mushrooms, fresh bread and even BBQ frog legs!!! After a great dinner we had a Park Ranger come in to our camp and to check how we were doing. I guess there was a 5.6 earthquake that we did not feel. It was centered only ten miles away. The Scouts had can soup for dinner... Kip and I laughed and remember when we were in their shoes. Next morning we packed up camp and fixed a great breakfast. Kip and I took off to find a spot to repel off of, while the scouts did scout stuff. We found some cliffs that were so crazy that Kip and I could only laugh and smile as we said "wow". After a little while we found a good cliff to teach the scouts how to repel. it was maybe a sixty to seventy foot cliff. Those boys were all brave and went as many time as they could. Kip and Jared went over face first. I tried to go down in three jumps and on the second I rolled my ankle. I was ticked at myself for rolling my ankle because I left my boot loose and not tied tight. This was after I told all of the boys to make sure that their shoes were on tight. So next time my boots will be tied tight. All in all it was a great trip. It was great to get out and do what you enjoy doing. I enjoy showing others the hobbies I am into. I love seeing that spark they get and how they get hooked on it. One the way home Kip and I started talking on a plan on taking our wives out camping to the same spot and see if they like rock climbing and repelling.








3 comments:

Jenn said...

you guys are so funny! that was a great story and i can totally picture you guys out there! i am glad you guys were able to teach the scouts!

Sheryl said...

Oh, the days when your were one of those boys! I do remember! Now look at you "passing it on", and doing it so well!! You are great!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Kip said that trip was TOTALLY RAD he had a total blast and I would love to go out there and camp with you boys but I do not know if I can EVER repel again after my horrific event! We shal see. You and Kip need to get out and be boys together more often I know he misses his bonding time with you!

Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day