Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mark is heading to the Academy!


Well, we had a wonderful Valentine's weekend. We did our tradition of mexican food and a scary movie. Mark took me to Las Campanas at the Mission Inn on Friday night (We didn't want to fight the crowds Saturday night) and then we went and saw Friday the 13th on Saturday. It was great getting to spend that time together. Then we drove down to Chula Vista on Sunday morning and rented him a car and checked into his hotel. We had our last dinner together at a cute little pizzeria and then I left Monday morning. I cried all the way home. It was raining hard but Mark thinks it was just my crying and not rain. He loves to make fun of me :) He flies from Chula Vista to New Mexico tomorrow morning at 4:30 am to start the academy. He's really nervous but I know that he will do great! He's stronger and smarter than he gives himself credit for! So, the next 5 months will be very hard for both of us. But, in the end, it will be well worth it! We are still trying to decide if we will be moving to Lake Elsinore or San Clemente. I would LOVE to move to San Clemente just so that we can be close to the beach. I love the beach! But it depends on if I can find a job with Kaiser out there. So, we'll see where God wants us to be. Thanks for all of your prayers thus far but please continue to include us in them...especially Mark! We will definitely keep you all in our prayers! I will try to keep this updated as much as I can...it was Mark's job but I guess now it will be mine! :) Love you all! ~ Lani

1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Well thanks for the update girl. You guys are super duper strong individuals and as a couple even stronger, you will make it through this with ease! We will keep you both in our prayers because we are going to be needing the same prayers (hopefully) in a few months when Kip starts his academy! It is so cool that our husbands are becoming men and following their dreams!
Glad you had a wonderful V Day weekend! If you ever need anything or just company please call me K?

Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day