Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's Almost Over!!

Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while! Mark is better at all of this than I am...it's his fault! So, as most of you know, Mark is still in the academy!! It's already been 5 1/2 months and we still have 6 more weeks to go! This has been really tough for both of us but I know our marriage has just gotten stronger. We fortunately are able to talk every night and we've also seen each other 3 times. He was able to come here once for a 3 day weekend and then I've been there twice. I just recently went for his graduation. It was so cool to see him in his uniform and to receive his credentials and his badge! It's official now....Mark is finally a Federal Agent! He looked so incredibly handsome! Now he is just going through the Spanish training. Mark is already fluent in Spanish due to his mission so this is all pretty easy for him. He says that he is still learning new vocabulary and it's helping him to freshen up since he hasn't really used Spanish since getting back from his mission. He has 8 hrs. of Spanish classes each day but at least he is done with the Physical Training. I was really scared that he was having to do the PT stuff in the middle of summer. It gets to about 115 degrees there during the day! He had a guy in his class die due to the heat! He was about Mark's age, in great health, very muscular and he collapsed during PT and died. It was really hard on Mark to lose him. Mark said he was a great guy. He's got two little girls and a wife that he left behind. I've texted and talked to his wife a few time on Facebook. She's really sweet and I can't imagine what she's going through! I'm just so happy that Mark is done with the PT and now he will be able to come home to me! I can't imagine losing him during all of this!! My husband is such a wonderful man! I truly admire him and love him for enduring this for me and our future family! No one has ever done anything so selfless for me! I definitely got one of the best!

Thank you all for your prayers and support through this long journey! It's almost over and I can't wait to put it behind us! I hope you are all doing well!!

Love, Lani and Mark

1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

We can't wait till he comes home! You guys totally have to come over and hang with us and our new little addition. Can't wait to see you guys too, it has been FOREVER!!!!!

Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day